Tips on fundraising for participating choirs
We are encouraging every choir to set up their own JustGiving page.
We are hoping that every singer will be able to raise a personal target of £50.
With JustGiving this is fairly easy becasue it allows people to share the link with friends, family, colleagues, FaceBook etc.
How you fundraise is entirely up to you – it can be lots of fun to hold fund raising events as a choir. e.g. busking, quiz nights, coffee mornings, sponsored sing, clothes swap, cake sale, raffles etc.
Anything you raise in cash should be paid in via JustGiving.
Here’s how to set up a JustGiving page
“Sing For Water Cardiff” has been created as an event for WaterAid on JustGiving – it is important that you link to the event when you create your page.
- Go to www.justgiving.com
- Click on “Start Fundraising”
- Click the “Start Fundraising” button under “A Charity”
- Log in if you already have a JustGiving account or create a new account for your choir
- Search for “WaterAid”
- Click on “Taking Part in an Event”
- Scroll down to (or search for) “Sing For Water Cardiff” 18th June 2017. (You may have to go to Page 2.)
- Create a web address – e.g. your choir name
- Next comes the creative bit! You will need to create your story, add images of your choir or of the 2015 event, and away you go!
Other ways of paying in funds
We strongly encourage everyone to use the online method of fundraising if possible, because it allows us to track the total raised and it’s a very efficient method for the charity. If you don’t find online tools easy – perhaps asking a fellow choir member or friend to pay in any cash you have collected. But if you prefer – paper sponsorship forms can be obtained by contacting WaterAid by email. There will be an opportunity to pay in cash and cheques at the WaterAid stand on the day of the event. If your choir has collected large sums of money in cash this may be a better option for you.
Your sponsorship will not be used for Cardiff Sing for Water’s administrative costs. We will cover the cost of organising and running the entire event with your £10 admin fee. This means that every penny of the fundraising will go directly to WaterAid.